Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


Customer Service is a very important factor for all businesses. A great customer experience i’ve had was at  BJ’s Brewhouse restaurant in Stockton, California. I attended with a large group of friends one evening and right off I felt welcome. The hostess quickly went to work to get us seated. More the often large groups tend have to wait, if reservations were not made, to be seated. But we were shown to our table quite quickly. Once at our table the server introduced himself and without overstaying his welcome, talked with us briefly before departing. Our server came back many times to see we all were satisfied and had everything. 

When our food arrived, know I can be a picky eater, my dish wasn’t what I had asked it to be. As in most situations I say nothing and try and make it work for myself, but an outspoken friend of mine made it known to the server that my dish wasn’t correct, and without any question or hesitation he went to remedy the problem. In no time at all my dish was returned as I had asked. At the end of the evening I was given a free dessert to take home with me. The outspoken friend of mine would have quickly begun an unnecessary scene if our server had not quickly and easily solved what would seem like a minor issue. 

The overall experience made me want to return. The employees were friendly and welcoming. Quickly solved any issues big or small. Establishments such as BJ’s know the importance of keeping your customers satisfied and being quick to resolve any concerns customers may have. Also going above and beyond to in a sense “apologize” for the inconvenience. I’ve been to restaurants where a member of my party received the wrong dish and when it was taken back took a long time to come out again. It does no hurt to the restaurant to fix those types of issues a customer may present, it benefits because the customer feels important, and will in turn want to return again.            

No comments:

Post a Comment